Bartley Partners offers a mediation and conflict resolution service, provided by Paul Bartley, an experienced and approved Adelaide mediator.
Mediation can be necessary when life throws up challenges, whether in our personal, community or professional lives. Conflicts between people often end up in court where the adversarial legal system can leave all parties emotionally and financially drained. Litigation is often confrontational and at the end there is a winner and a loser, with a third party making the decision regardless of whether you agree or not.
However, there is an alternative.
Mediation is a common sense alternative that puts the control back into the hands of those affected by the situation. It’s not about technical arguments and applying the law — rather, it’s about everyone reaching a settlement they can live with, using a co-operative problem-solving process to find a constructive solution.
Benefits of Mediation:
- Often achieves a better outcome than litigation
- The process can take a fraction of the time, and can be achieved at a fraction of the cost
- Aggravation and stress is usually much lower than when you follow the litigation route
- Deals with conflicts earlier, preventing disputes escalating while waiting for litigation
- Both parties usually feel they are part of a win
- Both parties involved choose the venue and timing
- Both parties agree to the costs up front (no blank cheques)
- Statistically, 80% of parties agree on a settlement on the day of the mediation
- Can work out problems and still keep a personal, employment or business relationship intact
- Focuses on the future, rather than the rights or wrongs of the past
- Helps parties to understand how others see the situation and issues.
Paul Bartley – Lead Mediator
Paul Bartley is an experienced mediator who has conducted many successful mediations throughout Adelaide and rural South Australia. He has completed a Masters Degree in Mediation and Conflict Resolution, as well as being on the Board of the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia.
Paul has been approved as a Mediator to sit on the following Adelaide panels:
- Office of Small Business Commissioner – Adelaide
- Office of Franchising Mediator – Adelaide
- South Australian Supreme Court
- South Australian Magistrates Court
- Workcover South Australia
Before you automatically turn to litigation as your first port of call, consider Bartley Partners and mediation as an alternative. Faster. Cheaper. Maintain friendships. Why not?
Call us on (08) 8338 1033 to arrange a meeting to discuss our mediation and conflict resolution services.