Bartley Partners have developed relationships with some of Adelaide’s best workplace lawyers and can help you to develop a complete employment strategy, from contracts through to remuneration packages.
When employing staff in any industry there are a host of complex issues to be managed to ensure compliance. Since the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), the Australian labour market has remained tight, with skills shortages across numerous industries, and therefore high remuneration packages are still common when trying to recruit the best and the brightest.
The correct structuring of these packages is imperative in order to ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with existing legislation.
Some of the key employment issues to remember:
- Ensure that correct Superannuation Guarantee Contributions are being paid (currently 9.5% on most employee remuneration, based on the ordinary times earnings rules)
- Workcover payable, including addressing cross-state Workcover issues
- Payroll Tax and cross-state payroll tax issues
- Setup of Salary Sacrifice or staff benefit procedures
- Setup of staff remuneration structures to maximise cost effectiveness and employee value
- Contractor versus employee distinctions
Staff expect their employers to be 100% prepared accurately to manage their contracts, pay, taxes and levies. Government authorities also expect you to be completely accurate and on time with your payments, structures and record keeping.
Let the Bartley Partners team give you peace of mind by assessing your employment arrangements for legitimacy and effectiveness.