When employing staff in any industry there are a host of complex issues
to be managed to ensure compliance.
Even since the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) the Australian Labour Market
has remained tight with skills shortages across numerous industries and
thus high remuneration packages are still common when trying to recruit
the best and the brightest.
The correct structuring of these packages is imperative in order to
ensure cost effectiveness and compliance with existing legislation.
Bartley Partners have developed relationships with some of Adelaide’s
best workplace lawyers and can help you develop a complete employment
strategy from contracts through to remuneration packages.
Some of the key Employment issues to remember:-
• Correct Superannuation Guarantee Contributions are being paid
(currently of 9.5% being paid on most employee remuneration
based on the ordinary times earnings rules)
• Workcover payable including addressing cross state Workcover issues
• Payroll Tax and the issues of cross state payroll tax issues
• Setup of Salary Sacrifice or staff benefit procedures
• Setup of Staff Remuneration Structures to maximise
cost effectiveness and employee value.
• Contractor versus employee distinctions.
Obviously … staff expect their employers to be 100% prepared to accurately
manage their contracts, pay, taxes and levies.
Government authorities also expect you to be completely accurate and on time
with your payments, structures and record keeping.
Let the Bartley Partners’ team give you peace of mind by assessing
your employment arrangements for legitimacy and effectiveness.