Whether you are running a full-service building firm or are a subcontracting tradie,
the Australian Taxation Office is targeting your industry, looking for inconsistencies
with your accounts and comparing them with averages they view nationally.
There are many unique considerations within the Construction Industry that
Bartley Partners have strong experience working with. Just a few include:-
• Higher frequency Cash Economy Audits
• Long Service Leave paid in advance via CBS
• New Taxable Payments Annual Reports
• Reclassification of Subcontractors as employees based on employment tests
• Some of the highest Workcover rates in the country
• Unique requirements imposed by the OCBA to qualify for a license,
including required asset levels
• Fringe Benefit audits looking at employees using work vehicles out of hours
Unless you are well prepared and have a streamlined and efficient administration system
behind the scenes, your business can be dragged down by the mess of your books
and the red tape of the tax office.
Bartley Partners’ team work with you to minimise your taxation obligations,
understand your employee’s obligations and plan for any potential audits.
It is not about being perfect, it is about being prepared.
Give us a call today on (08) 8338 1033